Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Selibaby!

Well, here I am! I officially swore in as a Peace Corps Volunteer last week, and am now at my site. It's so great to be here, although it's weird to think that I won't see most of the other volunteers until Christmas. There's a great group of 9 of us in the region (4 second year and 5 1st year volunteers), and three of us are actually in Selibaby. I signed a lease on my little house yesterday, so I think I'm moving in tomorrow. It was built by a PCV, and I'm the third to live there. It has a bedroom with a little shower room/kitchen maybe off of it, and a porch under an awning. It's in a family's compound, so really I get the best of both worlds.

Uh oh, it's about to start pouring! Just wanted to let people know that I'm here and everything's OK. If I don't leave now I'll get stuck, but more to come soon!!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Hey, Em. So glad you are settled. The new space sounds great, but what exactly do you mean by "kitchen maybe"? Have you been in the school where you'll be teaching yet? Keep us posted. Can't wait to hear more. We'll call tomorrow or Friday.

Much love,
Didi

Unknown said...

HI!
sounds really good - can't wait to see pics of your new home!!
xo
mom

Laura said...

Hey Em, congratulations! You're an official PCV!!! I too, wonder what you mean by "kitchen maybe"..... have you been away from civilization so long that you no longer can identify what constitutes a kitchen? :-) How far are you from the other volunteers? And is there room for me in your new home if McCain gets elected?
miss you tons, Laura