Wednesday, April 2, 2008

First Post

So I feel a little weird posting here already because I haven't left the US yet, but I figure it's a good idea to get everything up and running before I leave. I can't wait! At some point soon I'll write a post about my application experience and everything--reading other people's blogs was really helpful when I went through it.

As for right now, there's nothing too exciting to say. I'm trying to learn French, which is going...well, it's going OK I guess. My class is a lot slower paced than I'm used to (anyone from Midd, regular midd or language school, knows what I'm talking about!). I'm hoping to spend a week in Montreal doing an immersion program at the end of this month, so we'll see. I feel like if I could get just a little more under my belt I could just use the Rosetta Stone and find a conversation partner here in Boston. It gets so frustrating because I can read a lot and my brain feels like I should be able to speak it, but that's not quite the case. Everyone keeps asking me why the Peace Corps didn't send me somewhere Spanish or Portuguese speaking, but I'm really looking forward to picking up new languages. I just hope I'm not totally incompetent when I get there!

Alrighty, that's all for now. More to come soon!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hey Em,

Thanks for your email update. Know that all of us in ACE will be eagerly following your experiences via your blog! Be sure to include photos as you are able. Safe travels.

All best,
~Tiffany

Ella said...

i love you emrae! be safe, have fun and take lots of pics! oh and bring condoms
ella

Unknown said...

well, we put Emily on the plane this afternoon, June 17th, to start her adventure - thought there were many tears, I know that she will have a fabulous adventure and I am so very, very proud of my incredible daughter